“Public Health Equity:Building a Stronger New York”
Call for Abstracts- now open!
Abstracts due December 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST)
The New York State Public Health Association (NYSPHA), New York State Association of County Health Officials (NYSACHO), New York State Association for Rural Health (NYSARH) and the NYS Conference on Environmental Health Directors (CEHD) invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 2022 Public Health Partnership Conference. The event will be held April 28 - 29, 2022 at Niagara Falls Convention Center in Niagara Falls, New York, with a pre-conference workshop to be held on April 27th.
The Public Health Partnership Conference is a one-of-a-kind event in NYS where public health professionals from all settings can engage in public health learning opportunities designed to enhance personal growth and renewal, as well as to benefit the communities we all serve. Presenting at the conference provides an opportunity for you to share your expertise with public health professionals on a variety of current and emerging issues while building a rich networking community. We thank you for your participation and engagement.
This year’s theme is “Public Health Equity: Building a Stronger New York”
Topics for Presentation
The Public Health Partnership Conference seeks presentations on the topics listed below with suggested areas noted. Presentations are encouraged that address innovative interventions, best practices, and achievements under these topics:
- Environmental Health- Air quality, water quality, food safety, healthy homes, preparedness, vectors and pests, tracking and informatics
- Communicating Effectively to the Public- Best practices for health communication; Social media’s influence on health communication; Rebounding from poor health communication efforts; Reaching your target community
*Other areas of public health may also be submitted but priority will be given to those meeting the above topic areas.
Abstract Submission Format Options
Presentations that allow participants to leave with replicable skills and that allow interaction with time for Q&A will be prioritized. Submissions that are innovative are also strongly encouraged. The following formats are eligible for submission:
Breakout Session: The presenter(s) will organize the presentation and supporting materials for a captivating session over the course of 60 minutes. Please allow enough time to engage with audience for discussion and Q&A
Poster Presentation: Public health professionals are invited to submit abstracts for poster presentation during one 60-minute session. Poster must be staffed/presented by a minimum of one author during the session. (Note: This is a separate call from the student poster session. There will be a call for student only posters in March 2022.)
Individuals may submit a multiple person panel, not exceeding four presenters, but must have one lead presenter for each proposal. Innovative submissions are characterized by, but not limited to, new or creative ideas, cross-sector collaboration, and the dynamic state of change inherent in public health transformation.
Presenters may submit more than one proposal.
The following must be included in the proposal:
● Name of presenter(s) with highest academic degree & institutional affiliation listed for each.
● Full contact information for corresponding presenter (address, phone, affiliation, and email) and brief bio for each presenter.
● Presentation title (short, descriptive).
● Presentation description (no more than 350 words; be detailed so the review committee has as much information as possible to best evaluate your program; address evidence-based methods and how the program promotes attendance).
● Abstract/Program Book Listing (100-125 words; concise and accurate; describe and “sell” the program to conference attendees).
● Three learning objectives written in measurable terms.
Please indicate your preferred presentation format(s). You may select more than one option however, you will need to duplicate your submission to do so:
● Breakout Session Presentation (60 minutes plus Q&A)
● Poster format- displayed/presented during one 60-minute session (Note: This is a separate call from the student poster session. There will be another call for student only posters in March 2022).
● Webinar- Webinars are presented throughout the year part of the Public Health Webinar Series. Abstracts not selected for presentation at the conference may be considered for a webinar presentation if you select this option.
How to Submit
All concurrent session proposals must be submitted online via our abstract submission website HERE (https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=YITEOGXF) . Submissions must be made by 11:59 PM on December 6, 2021. Submissions sent via email will not be considered.
Proposals must be received by 11:59 PM on December 6, 2021. Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposal will be sent to the corresponding author on or by December 30, 2021. Authors may also login (https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=YITEOGXF) to view proposal status and reviewer comments.
All presenters wishing to attend the full conference must register at appropriate registration rate.
If we can address any questions or assist you in any way, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 427-5835.
Please share this information with anyone you think may also be interested in submitting a proposal.